Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas is comming!

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, put a little penny in the old man's hat!
    Today is only 19 days till Christmas!
      Our family has a lot of traditions! the first, is decorating right after thanksgiving! another one we have is opening one gift from one of our siblings on 12 days till Christmas, and 5 days till Christmas, and opening the rest on Christmas eve! we wake up early on Christmas morning, (my siblings and i) and watch a Christmas movie, play games, and drink hot tea and cocoa!  (oh, i don't know, 4:30 in the morning :)  )  and read the Bible account of Christ's birth.  We write a "Christmas Contract" every year, where we agree that we can wake up early, but go nowhere near the Christmas tree, until we wake mom and dad up no earlier than 6 am. we always wait one minute (till 6:01), so we can tell them "hey! you slept in!!"  when we go in to wake them up, we sing a Christmas song and say "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" then we pray, dad turns on the tree lights, and we all go into our living room and open gifts!
      I love Christmas! I have a little tea shop in my room every year,  I call it "Christmas cheer", I put my lights on in my room, and  then make hot water. I buy all kinds of chocolates, and teas, and some cocoa, so they can come into my room and order it from me and I make it :) .   I like to do that! (of course, it's free to them! :) )  There are many things we can do to help lighten the mood of our families, Christmas is just an Ideal time!
        Merry Christmas!  - delighted daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment