Wednesday, April 13, 2011

dealing with Mount Fuji

    Let me warn you... this article has nothing to do with the beautiful mountain in Japan. though you may have hoped to read about the geography of a mountain with the sun rising against it's soft grey rock, you aren't going to.. at least, not now.
     Sometimes one can sit and wonder what to do. They may plan to do something, prepare to do it, rev themselves up for it, but then, run out of time to actually do it. I have this problem. I can only count how many times i wanted to read, and I would prepare by fixing my bed to make it comfy, getting a cup of tea, picking the book up and putting it on the bed in a attractive way, perhaps with a pencil lined up beside it in an artistic way before i even sit down to read. then it is too late, and I learn nothing.  the same with cleaning my room. I might read about cleaning, put an apron on, pick out a nice work dress, fix my hair in such a way, pose with the broom, and "motivate myself"; in the end, however, i still need to get the room clean,  and the day is far spent. so i put it off till later.  the root of this really is procrastination.
    I tend to procrastinate, especially on cleaning my room. that little room makes me crazy! (in fact, the  mount Fuji of stuff is sitting in my room right now...) there is only one thing I could do about it though... do it!
   Another thing that turns me away from doing my work is my sometimes negative attitude.  I will go in, look at mount Fuji (the mess) , then decide that it wasn't my fault the room is a mess. the room is small, and little ants probably carry stuff out of their place at night while I'm sleeping (well, I'm not that crazy! LOL!). sometimes I decide to dwell on problems and blame the mess for my negative attitude.  it is really a cycle, isn't it?
     I am sure there are lots of girls who have the same struggle ( at least, I hope so! Otherwise I'm crazy!). The best thing you can do when you are stressed out about this is pray and take some time to read the Bible. (don't let yourself get out of your job though!) then , look at the mess and say "We are more than conquerors through him that loved us, And I'm going to conquer this mountain, and defeat it once and for all!" (well, at least until next time the mountain rises up again.)
   Another thing you can do is put nice music in the radio and let it play while you work. make sure it's nice music though, like soft instruments or classical. the whole loud singing thing doesn't help a stressed out mind.
    it may help to have a to do list as well, especially with big projects. for example, you need to clean your room, so, first you will go through the stuff the right corner of the room, then you will tidy the dresser, and put all the clothes away that are laying on the floor. etc.
     lastly, don't let your mind fill up with negative thoughts. that is one of my biggest distractions. the thoughts that God must have forgotten about you because he let your room get messy (which He didn't), or that your mom should have told you to clean it four weeks ago when it wasn't so bad (and, again, you could have done that yourself!), or that your brother made the mess when he borrowed your Bible yesterday (now, maybe a part of the mess, but Mount Fuji isn't rising because of  a borrowed Bible unless you have bad organizational skills.. then that needs to be fixed..)
     So, Just remember, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13), and defeat the Mount Fuji before you, because you can in Christ.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment