Friday, April 22, 2011

Super Hero

  Recently, well, it really depends on how you view "recently" (it was two whole summers ago..) I went to Disney world with my Uncle, Aunt, and cousins as a graduation gift. it was fun. the reason why i mention this is, while I was there I bought each family member a gift, and I bought my daddy a cup that said "you are My hero".
  Is your daddy your hero? Mine is! He is always there for me!If i need someone to talk to , I can talk to him; If I need someone to take me Places (even if he doesn't particularly enjoy the activity), he brings me.
    On my part though, I am no hero. (or heroine, or whatever I'd be) . Are we as open to our daddies as we should be? They are our spiritual protectors! Do they Know what we have been reading or writing about? What God has been teaching us?
      Now, I don't suggest you get into arguments with him.  To be submissive,  while arguments do happen sometimes, it is our job to avoid them. God teaches women to be submissive, therefore, when we speak, do we speak graciously and without fire? (fire not as in spiritual zeal, but anger.) We should talk to him as he has authority. One would never argue with a boss, or a superior with an angry tone, so we should not argue with our God given authority in a angry way either.
    Some daughters have the struggle that they do not see eye to eye with their daddies. The Bible, while it teaches submission, doesn't say we have to actually be in total agreement with every minor conviction. An example would be contemporary vs hymn music. The Bible doesn't speak very specifically on this topic,so it really doesn't need to incite an argument. Now, if  there is a difference in opinion on whether or not a sensual song is okay, it's not, Because the Bible says it is wrong to dwell on such things, or to Give the devil a foot hold. Even in such situations, a godly daughter must not angrily reply: it turns off the listener. Now,  Expressing your concerns in a kind , gentle way, that works. Perhaps you can talk to Him privately if something he does is bothering you (if, like I said, it is definitely un scriptural, ), then approach him kindly and say something like this : "Daddy, i was worried about you, because when you listened to that song in the car, it was very sensual. It was talking about things that are not pure or true or virtuous, like the things Paul reminds us to keep on our Mind in Philippians 4:8. can you not listen to that , at least around me anymore?"
   It is sweet, presents a biblical point, and does not go outside of submission. You are not telling him what to do. You are just telling him how you feel. This can well apply to married women too. If he continues to do the thing you talked about, Just pray for Him, God will deliver him. Remember too, that you are not perfect, and you have flaws yourself.
      Let Him also talk to you about things without getting angry. In Proverbs, it tells us How we are to submit to our parents, and one thing it says often is to accept correction. When daddy tells you that your dresses are too immodest, don't stomp to your room and slam your door and cry about how daddy only wants you to wear feed bags. that is not accepting correction.  Accepting correction would be not wearing the outfit in question anymore, and re evaluating your modesty standards.

 Now, getting back to the main point. My daddy Is my hero. He is my night in shining armor. I want to respect Him in all the ways I can and help him to be the best hero he can be. I can help him best By respecting his opinions and convictions, assisting My mother in the house hold to help it run smoothly, and being kind to my brothers and sisters,and babysitting so they can have alone time. Lastly, I can  Help him By challenging him.
   This is best for wives to do. Again, it is the way I mentioned above, a sweet, godly, and submissive way.
  But this time, it is a challenge. Again, you are not telling him what to do, you are just presenting a goal he can try for. An example of that could be for the Husband who doesn't have time to pray. You can encourage Him with a challenge: "Honey, I was thinking lately. you don't seem to have time to Pray, But perhaps, maybe you can just take a half hour at night to do it. I can take care of things, and the  bedroom will be left alone, so you can focus. Would you like to try that for a month and see if it makes a difference? "
    Once again, sweet, submissive, But to the point. That is what women were created to be: submissive, and assistants to their husbands or fathers so they may be the best heroes ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment